Former baseball player, now baseball coach, and some would say, financial coach.
I believe the financial services industry allows me to truly make a difference in the lives of others.
In 1997, my initial perception of the industry was affirmed when a client passed away. The client was in his early 30s, and shortly after being diagnosed with terminal cancer, we met to discuss his estate and the security of his wife...
...Knowing the emotional wave that was coming, the client gave me specific words to tell his wife upon delivering the death benefit check. It was an emotional conversation to say the least, while difficult, it helped lay the groundwork for my family's future. It was a conversation that shaped my own life. It affirmed the appreciation I have for the importance of the work we do. As a result, the client’s wife was able to stay in her home and continue running her business.
At The Leigh Wealth Management Group, this is perhaps the highest and best use of our skills - to help secure and grow the livelihood of our families.
Outside of the office, I enjoy spending time with my wife, Danielle, and two children, Ella and Parker. I love outdoor sports and have been involved in baseball for over 30 years - I played and coached through college and now find absolute joy in coaching my sons’ baseball team. In addition to baseball, martial arts is a big part of my life - mentally and physically.
Being a part of the team at The Leigh Wealth Management Group, I’m inspired to help others overall financial situations with openness, honesty, and commitment. My favorite author, Augustine "Og" Mandino II, writes extensively on the connection between adversity and advancement.
“You can have everything in life that you want, if you help enough other people get what they want.” - Zig Ziglar
Education & Designations:
- Chartered Life Underwriter - CLU®
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary - AIF®
- Series: 6 (Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products), 7 (General Securities), 26 (Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products Principal), 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law) & 65 (Uniform Investment Adviser Law)
- University of North Dakota Bachelor of Business Administration (Management & Marketing)
- Board member of It's A Calling Foundation
- Founder of the Denver Resource Group (Interdisciplinary group of business professionals)
- Active Supporter & Fundraising Advocate for:
- The Morgan Adams Foundation &
- Tour de Force
- Cherry Creek Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee 2017
- Proud Baseball Coach of the Parker Hawks